Compliance Specialist (Legal & Compliance Team Support)
Industry Leader in Benefit Solutions is seeking a Compliance Specialist!
Compensation: $38K-$40K annually
The Boon Group, Inc., an AssuredPartners subsidiary, is in need of a Compliance Specialist for the Legal & Compliance team.
Compliance Specialist Role:
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for creating and editing legal and plan documents. Under the supervision of the Department Lead, this specialist is responsible for preparing various legal documents. This position requires an individual with excellent communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to meet deadlines are also crucial to this position.
Compliance Specialist Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 yrs. prior office experience preferred
- Previous medical insurance or employee benefits experience preferred
Physical Demands: Ability to sit for extended periods; Repetitive motions; Little physical effort
The Right Person for the job has:
- Knowledge of employment benefit plans and corresponding insurance products.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and familiarity with database usage.
- Ability to research and interpret state filing and compliance documents
- Ability to learn quickly and cross-train other departmental tasks
- Expert interpersonal and communication skills, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to think and work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Compliance Specialist Day-to-Day:
- Prepare plan documents for health and welfare plans, including certificates of insurance, summary plan descriptions, schedules of benefits, etc.
- Prepare legal documents, including Trust agreements, Administrative Services Agreements, Trustee Directives, HIPAA Business Associate Agreements and related documents.
- Coordinate the distribution of the legal documents.
- Assist in the research and response to Medicare Secondary Payer claim disputes, as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the General Counsel, Head of Compliance - Associate Counsel, and Team Lead – Legal & Compliance.
- Follow the company policies and procedures required to comply with applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements, including but not limited to SOC controls, and HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations.
- Perform other duties as needed to help the department.
The Boon Group offers Excellent Benefits, including:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k and match, generous PTO/vacation time, holiday pay and
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- We Care: We're all about culture and creating a positive environment that cares
- Job Type: Full-time
- Compensation: $38,000 USD
- Pay Frequency: Annually
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance