Accounting Specialist (Accounts Payable Assistant)
Industry Leader in Benefit Solutions is Seeking an Accounting Specialist!
Salary range is $38,000 to $45,000, depending on experience.
The Boon Group, An AssuredPartners subsidiary, is in need of an Accounting Specialist.
The Right Person for the job has:
- Has accounts payable and/or receivable experience
- Experience processing forms 1099 and W-9
- Basic level Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Data gathering and analysis
The Accounting Specialist Role:
- The Accounting Specialist prepares and processes a variety of accounting transactions.
- They monitor, maintain and reconcile accounts and create and maintain spreadsheets.
- They assist with the monthly close process, account reconciliations, and prepare reports.
- They work on noncomplex specifically assigned tasks with significant supervision.
Accounting Specialist Required Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous accounting experience is a plus
- Experience with Sage 100 ERP is preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: None
- Ability to sit for extended periods
- Repetitive motions
- Little physical effort required
The Accounting Specialist Day-to-Day:
- Monitors, maintains, transfers and reconciles assigned accounts
- Reviews general ledger accounts and journal entries
- Follows up on inaccurate transactions or missing documents
- Assists with monthly close and the preparation of financial statements
- Assists with accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Assists with department overflow and works overtime as required
- Follow the company policies and procedures required to comply with applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements, including but not limited to SOC controls, and HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Office Location: In-office role at 6300 Bridgepoint Parkway, Austin, TX 78730 (work from home is not an option)
Work Hours: Typical hours are Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM CST (we offer flexible schedules)
The Boon Group offers Excellent Benefits, including:
- Competitive Pay - Salary range is $38,000 to $45,000, depending on experience.
- FULL BENEFITS: medical, dental, vision, 401k and match, generous PTO/vacation time, holiday pay and more
- Career Advancement
- WE CARE: We're all about culture and creating a positive environment that cares
About The Boon Group:
The Boon Group is a third-party administrator and benefit wholesaler providing employee benefits, insurance products, and services to hourly employees. Based in Austin, Texas for 25 years, we have evolved into a national enterprise, becoming the industry leader in providing affordable benefits solutions. Headquartered by the 360 Bridge, we offer exciting career opportunities in the increasingly dynamic field of employee benefits.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Compensation: $40,000 USD
- Pay Frequency: Annually
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance