Employee Benefits Sales Manager
Industry Leader in Benefit Solutions is Seeking an Employee Benefits Sales Manager!
The Boon Group, Inc., an AssuredPartners subsidiary, is in need of an Employee Benefits Sales Manager.
The Employee Benefits Sales Manager Role:
- The Sales Manager is responsible for broker development and sales in their perspective territory.
- Develops a sales territory, networks, and sells Boon Group products while meeting company strategic plan and goals.
Employee Benefits Sales Manager Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering or equivalent education and experience
- 2-5+ years’ experience in the healthcare or insurance industry
- 2-5 years proven success in exceeding new business sales goals
- Expert computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and the Internet
- Experience using CRM software preferred, salesforce
- Ability to travel frequently required
- Advanced knowledge of employee benefit plans, voluntary benefits and other healthcare associated benefits preferred
Licenses/Certifications: Group 1 License required within 90 days of hire date
Physical Demands: Ability to sit for extended periods; Repetitive motions; Little physical effort required
The Right Person for the job has:
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services
- Leadership skills and the ability to drive sales
- Skill in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and the Internet
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills and the ability to close a sale
- Ability to develop, present and execute strategic product marking plans
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and train sales personnel
Employee Benefits Sales Manager Day-to-Day:
- Builds and manages their sales region for growth
- Leads the day to day operations of their sales region
- Follows the strategic sales plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Upholds activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes by monitoring performance on an ongoing basis
- Oversees the preparation of benefit plan proposals and RFP responses
- Conducts sales presentations as needed
- Creates and builds strategic partnerships with benefits carriers, brokers and consultants through consistent contact, professional meetings to groups, responsive communication, problem resolution and meeting customer expectations
- Required to pass all applicable trainings specific to HIPAA and any other company required trainings.
- Follow the company policies and procedures required to comply with applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements, including but not limited to SOC controls, and HIPAA Privacy and Security regulations.
The Boon Group offers Excellent Benefits, including:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k and match, generous PTO/vacation time, holiday pay and more
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- We Care: We're all about culture and creating a positive environment that cares
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance