Personal Lines Insurance Consultant (Sales Producer)
Leading Insurance Company, AssuredPartners of Texas, is seeking a Personal Lines Insurance Consultant (Sales Producer)!
Summary The Personal Lines Insurance Consultant is a new Producer or a Producer that does not have a book of business. Typically paid a salary plus commission. The Personal Lines Insurance Consultant solicits and sells insurance products and services to existing and new business; maintains an existing book of business; expands book of business; enhances the public image of the Agency by proactively performing the following duties.
Salary: $50K - $80K+ depending upon experience. Year 1 On Target Earnings (base + commission) of $125K+
Office Location: In-office role at In-office role at 500 N Central Expressway, Suite 550, Plano, TX 75074 (temporarily work-from-home during COVID-19)
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM CST (full-time non-exempt)
Personal Lines Insurance Consultant Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively use sales techniques to identify prospective clients to provide leads for additional business. Generates a steady flow of qualified prospects from own leads and company supplied leads and solicits referrals from existing customer base.
- Contacts and qualifies prospective clients and explains features and merits of policies offered, recommending amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect's circumstances.
- Calls on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to suggest additions or changes in insurance program. Designs insurance and risk management plans for clients.
- Reviews outstanding account receivables, collects payments in a timely manner and keeps record of payments.
- Helps policyholders settle insurance claims in the event of a loss.
- Anticipates future needs and calls on established clients to renew and upgrade accounts.
- Develops long-term relationships with clients, carriers, and underwriters.
- Develops a thorough and accurate understanding of the clients' and carriers' business needs.
- Gathers complete client information necessary for marketing the account. Gathers updated information at each renewal.
- Completes an annual client exposure analysis.
- Meets with Marketing Manager and Account Executives on each client renewal to develop renewal and marketing strategies. Works with Account Executive throughout the renewal process.
- Delivers policies to clients when appropriate.
- Offers value-added services whenever possible to promote customer loyalty.
- Assists Agency in developing carrier relationships by becoming familiar with and executing strategies developed for satisfying carrier goals and objectives, and participating in carrier sponsored activities.
- Refers current and prospective clients to other departments for solicitation of those lines of business.
- Participates in continuing professional development as required by state licensing requirements and Agency procedures.
- Follows company procedures with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities of the job
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities, however may direct activities of department team to accomplish essential duties and responsibilities.
Personal Lines Insurance Consultant Qualifications:
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and more than one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Agency Management systems, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Must hold appropriate and valid insurance licenses to perform sales.
Personal Lines Insurance Consultant - Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative, and creative with good communications skills and strong sales skills.
- Must be competitive, persistent, and self-reliant, with high energy and sales drive.
- Must be able to cold-call on prospects, influence others and close the sale.
- Must have a thorough understanding of insurance underwriting and coverages, including rating procedures.
- Must be willing to travel locally to meet with clients. Must possess valid driver’s license.
Vertical Progression - Senior Sales Executive
About AssuredPartners of Texas:
AssuredPartners of Texas is a fast-growing, full-service Employee Benefits, HR Outsource, and Property/Casualty Insurance Agency located in north TX. Website: https://www.aptexas.com/
AssuredPartners of Texas is a Texas-based insurance broker, outsourcing service provider, and consulting firm that leverages its innovative processes and unique team member abilities to educate businesses, employers, individuals, and families on insurance, so they are empowered to take personal responsibility for protecting the important things in their lives.
We care about people. We are not perfect, but we genuinely try to live out our core values and work hard to be a great place for contributors to build their careers. This includes the usual stuff anyone would expect, like a competitive salary, bonus opportunities, and an attractive benefits offering. Equally, if not more important to most, is the track record of growth we have consistently experienced, the fun we have while working hard and winning, and the quality of the people we get to serve with and serve. To get an inside look at our team and culture, please visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AssuredPartnersDallasTX.
Other Common Role Titles: Outside Sales Representative, Sales Producer, Territory Sales Manager, Sales Consultant, Account Manager, New Business Development Manager, and/or Sales Agent
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance